ACTION has been working hard to identify improvements to the weekday bus network. The new network – which is expected to be introduced early 2014 – has been developed based on patronage data from the MyWay system and feedback from bus passengers and drivers. The entire network has been reviewed with a focus on providing more direct routes, better connections and increased frequency.
Highlights of the proposed new network for 2014 include:
- a new service linking Molonglo to Woden and Cooleman Court with a peak hour Xpresso to the City – these services will support increased residential development in the Molonglo Valley
- a new Rapid service between Gungahlin and Belconnen
- a new service for Hume
- improved services between Erindale and Woden
- improved services to the airport and surrounding business park precinct
- increased Xpresso services between Weston Creek and the City, including an Xpresso direct to the City from Cooleman Court.improved services into the Parliamentary Triangle, including two new dedicated morning peak services from Woden and services from Gungahlin which now extend into the Triangle rather than terminate in Civic.
To view all of the proposed changes visit www.timetotalk.act.gov.
Feedback on the proposed changes can be provided by:
- attending one of the drop-in information sessions being held during September and October at Libraries ACT branches and in bus stations
- completing the online survey at www.timetotalk.act.gov.au
- picking up a hard copy survey from any Canberra Connect shopfront or ACT public library.