The Inner South Canberra Community Council and Kingston Barton Residents Group invite you to a public forum to consider and provide your views on how we should respond to the Geocon proposal for the Kingston Arts Precinct at the Kingston Foreshore, with respect to:
- heritage aspects
- alignment with the outcome of past community consultations and masterplans
- traffic and parking issues
- public open space and other issues
Date/Time: Sunday 22 September, 4-6pm
Venue: Eastlake Football Club (Duffy Room), 3 Oxley Street, Griffith
- You can find Geocon’s concept plans for the proposed development here.
- Watch a video of the architect’s presentation about the precinct here
- You can find the outcome of previous community engagement here.
- The earlier Masterplan created following community engagement, and a subsequent feasibility study, are also here.
· Community engagement process/timeline: Elisabeth Judd, JUDD Studio, Geocon consultant
· Heritage: Nick Swain, President, Canberra District Historical Society
· Arts: David Whitney, Board Chair, Canberra Glassworks
· Business: possibly a representative of Old Bus Depot Markets
· Local residents: Key development principles: Peter Moore, Kingston/Barton Residents Group
Have your say during the discussion and Q&A following the presentations
Gordon Lowe, Molonglo Group, will also outline the latest landscaping plans for the 1 Dairy Road precinct, Fyshwick.