About the ISCCC
The ISCCC was formed in 2010 to provide a unified and strong voice for the residents of Inner South Canberra. The ISCCC consists of a Committee of Inner South Canberra residents groups representatives, two ordinary members and an executive. The ISCCC also has a number of members from the general community. The ISCCC agenda is to support and strengthen the activities of the residents groups.
The ISCCC is a voluntary, not for profit, community-based association operating in the inner south area of Canberra, in the Australian Capital Territory. Click here for details of the areas in Canberra Inner South which are represented by member groups. Individuals who may not be represented by a member group may wish to join ISCCC as in individual member.
The ISCCC’s objective is to preserve and improve the social, cultural, economic and environmental well being of Inner South Canberra and the Inner South Canberra community. Further information about the ISCCC’s guiding principles can be seen in the ISCCC Constitution.
Note: The ISCCC is not a local government body. If you have enquiries regarding Territory and local government matters you should contact Canberra Connect on 132281 or by email.
The ISCCC is formally recognised by the ACT Government as the peak community representative body in Inner South Canberra representing the interests of the local residents and the communities. The ISCCC receives funding from the ACT Government as the peak community representative body in inner South Canberra in order to undertake the following activities:
- communicate to the ACT Government the views, expectations and concerns of community members;
- encourage the community to participate in Community Council activities; and
- hold community meetings that are:
- held once a month (except for December/ January);
- held, as far as possible, at a consistent location and on a consistent day of the month;
- open to the public; and
- publicly advertised
2011-2015 Strategic Plan
The Inner South Canberra Community Council (ISCCC) Strategic Plan outlines how we hope to achieve our vision and mission for the Inner South. It will create a focus for consultation with Inner South Canberra residents and other stakeholders, and will form the basis for interaction with the ACT and Commonwealth Governments on issues affecting the amenity of the Inner South.
The ISCCC Strategic Plan Actions for 2014, and achievements, are available here.
The ISCCC Strategic and Action Plan for 2015 are available here
The ISCCC Strategic Plan achievements since its inauguration in mid 2010 up to late June 2015 are available here
ISCCC Committee (2016 AGM to 2017 AGM)
- Chairperson – Marea Fatseas
- Deputy Chairperson – John Edquist
- Secretary – Deborah Price
- Assistant Secretary – Sue Ross
- Treasurer – David Johnstone
- Auditor – vacant
- Public Relations Officer – David Byrnes
- Web manager (on committee) – vacant
- Ordinary members – Anne Forrest, John-Paul Romano
Residents’ Groups Members
- Old Narrabundah Community Council – John Keeley, Austin Lynch
- Griffith Narrabundah Community Association – Leo Dobes, David Denham
- Yarralumla Residents Association Inc – David Harvey, Chris Windsor
- Deakin Residents Association – George Wilson, Joel Tu
- Red Hill Residents Group – Melissa Bennett
- Kingston and Barton Residents Group – Peter Moore, Rebecca Scouller
- Oaks Estate Progress Association – Hugh Griffin
- Forrest Residents Group – Margaret Atcherley, Carolyn Norrie
Download the ISCCC Constitution – PDF Download
- 2010 Inaugural general meeting minutes 7 July 2010 – PDF Download
- 2011 AGM: Draft minutes and financial statement 22 November 2011 – PDF Download
- 2012 AGM: Draft minutes 27 november 2012 – PDF download
- 2012 AGM: Audited Financial Statement for 2011-12 – PDF download
- 2013 AGM
- 2014 AGM: Draft Minutes 26 November 2013 and Audited Financial Statement 2013-14 – PDF download
- 2015 AGM: Draft Minutes 13 November 2014, Agenda
- 2016 AGM: minutes 2015 AGM; Agenda; Nomination Form; Membership Form.
2017 Meetings Schedule
The ISCCC holds regular Committee meetings and general Council forums. All members of the community are welcome to attend the Committee and Council meetings.
Council Forums will be held at:
Eastlake Club (Duffy Room), 3 Oxley Street, Griffith, from 7pm
The ISCCC conducts regular Council Forums which are open to all members of the public. The following dates have been agreed by the Committee but may change depending on emerging special events of interest to the Inner South. These dates will be updated on the website as soon as possible. Topics will be advertised as soon as possible.
- 14 March 2017: topic and venue to be advised
- 21 March 17: Public Housing
- 9 May 2017: topic and venue to be advised
- 11 July 2017: Towards Zero Emissions
- 12 September 2017: topic and venue to be advised
- 14 November 2017 – AGM. Details to be advised.
Committee meetings will be held at:
APCC conference room, Suite D First Floor, 2 Geils Court Deakin ACT 2600 from 7pm
The ISCCC conducts regular bi-monthly Committee meetings. Meetings are open to members of the public and matters that are not on the agenda may be added prior to, or during, the meeting.
- 14 February 2017
- 11 April 2017.
- 13 June 2017
- 8 August 2017
- 10 October 2017
- 12 December 2017
Click here to view our Newsletters.
Click here to view our Media Releases.
The ISCCC is covered by ACT Government arranged insurance. The attached documents provide the details. The current insurance period is for the 12 months to 2 November 2016.
- Insurance policy renewal letter (28 October 2015)
- Insurance policy endorsement (2 November 2015 to 2 November 2016)
- Insurance Policy Certificate (2 November 2015 to 2 November 2016) Policy Number ACA826071BPK
- Insurance Policy Certificate (2 November 2016 to 2 November 2017) Policy Number ANA826071BPK
Click here to contact ISCCC.
ABN: 49 382 179 224