WCCC is an incorporated, voluntary, not for profit, non-political, community-based association representing the interests of the local residents and communities in Weston Creek.
- 22 September 2023The Deakin Residents’ Association is delighted to announce that the ACT Government has approved a grant of $14,780 for the Deakin Residents’ Association (DRA) to undertake a project under the ACT Heritage Grants program 2023-2024 for Discovering and valuing Deakin’s heritageContinue reading >
- 4 August 2023Please register to attend at: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZItfuqupj4pHNU2KwwmURRoaBowmcq5uK0J Draft meeting Agenda: Welcome: Marea Fatseas, ISCCC Chair Presentations 7.05pm – 8.10pm An overview on urban planning for liveability and climate change Emeritus Professor Barbara Norman, Urban and Regional Planning, University of Canberra, Chair of National Urban Policy Forum, author “Urban Planning for Climate Change”. HOW Missing Middle redevelopment has been delivered before and ...Continue reading >
- 13 March 2023The ISCCC and member residents’ groups have lodged these submissions with the ACT Government in response to its draft Territory Plan and the draft District Strategies:Continue reading >
- 26 February 2023The ISCCC has drafted the attached recommendations in response to the ACT Government’s draft Territory Plan and District Strategy, which will have far-ranging impacts on the inner south and Canberra in the years to come. The ACT Treasury has just released its latest population projections, which indicate that the population of the inner south may increase ...Continue reading >
- 18 February 2023The ACT Government has now provided high resolution maps, at the ISCCC’s request, so that Inner South residents can have a clearer idea of potential implications of the Government’s draft new Inner South District Strategy. Click to open Figure 31 highlights (in yellow) Future Investigation Areas Click to open Figure 36 highlights (in yellow, pink and red) Urban Character ...Continue reading >