The ISCCC holds regular Committee meetings and general Council forums. Members of the community are welcome to attend the Committee and Council meetings.
ISCCC 2024 Meeting Schedule Venue: Eastlake Football Club 3 Oxley Street Griffith and occasional online as notified.
The following dates have been agreed by the Committee but may change depending on emerging special events of interest to the Inner South. These dates will be updated on the website as soon as possible. Topics will be advertised as soon as possible and the venue will also be advised at that time.
- This event has passed.
Planning: Manuka to the Foreshore – 9 April 19
9 April, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Come and participate in a conversation about future planning for Manuka through to the Foreshore, hosted by the Inner South Canberra Community Council.
The aims are to:
- identify the areas, features and character that we value
- identify key issues, challenges and opportunities
- discuss what we, as a community, would like to do next
To set the scene and provide background:
- Nick Swain will speak briefly on the area’s heritage (Nick is President, Canberra & District Historical Society, co-author of “Manuka-History and People. 1924-2014”, and committee member of Kingston and Barton Residents Group)
- David Denham will provide an update on what developments are “on the boil” in the area. David is a committee member of the Griffith Narrabundah Community Association
- We also hope to have a speaker who can address the issues of traffic and parking in the area.
At this stage, the proposed format for the evening is:
- 7-7.30pm Introduction by ISCCC Chair Marea Fatseas, and presentations by 3 speakers.
- 7.30-8.15pm Break-out session where participants have a chance to stand up, mingle with others, discuss and write down their views on what they value and what they would like to see retained or changed in the area.
- 8.15-8.55pm Report back to the group as a whole, and plenary discussion on key issues and the way forward.
- 8.55-9.00pm Other business and wrap-up by chair.